Friday, 2 June 2017

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 22ND OF 2017

Welcome to the first post of June and the 22nd of 2017 when we celebrate what is 


First up a fabulous celebratory mass and award ceremony at school for said 16 year old, who has now been officially stood down for study leave.  I must admit to feeling a little emotional during the service.  

Next up is a big thank you to one of his friends for his invite on Friday night, it was a fabulous way to wind down after the leavers' celebrations! 

Here he is before we set off. 


Next up is the journey home, having collected him at 11.45pm - we decided a trip to McD's on the way home was called for - this was just gone midnight and it was still 15 degrees as you can tell from the clock!


Saturday morning and he was treated to breakfast in bed, I did tell him not to get used to it! 


I managed some scrapbooking - yay!  I mean YAY!  

A long time coming, all layouts from said 16 year old's trip to New York in February 2016 (yes I am that far behind on the scrapbooking front). 

So first up a group shot in Grand Central station


Then views off the top of the Empire State building


Then shots of Time Square


And finally the half face selfie in Time Square


We enjoyed some blue sky days, in fact a little too much, I managed to get my shoulders burnt on Saturday, I honestly hadn't realised, I did early evening I can tell you!


We enjoyed a glass of white out on the decking after a very busy day working in the garden, which feels like it is taking forever to sort!


We even managed an impromptu barbecue Saturday evening, nothing major, a pack of burgers and some baps


Sunday and we enjoyed a bottle of red, the garden looking more like Steptoe & son at the moment! 


The cloud coverage was welcome on Sunday when it finally arrived


Bank holiday Monday and a day of rest as it rained which resulted in some of the aforementioned scrapbook layouts. 

Tuesday and Wednesday were very busy days at work as usual and then Thursday I headed to the other job which is by the canal, this is a view from one of my colleague's desk, isn't it lovely, although it is a little warm in the boat house at the moment.


And here we are on Friday morning again, I'm trying to do this really early and schedule it to post at 8am, so it is a little more timely than previous posts over the last couple of weeks.

I hope you've had a grand week, if you fancy joining in then pop a post together, pop back and link up and we can come and visit. 

4 comments:

  1. Lovely photos Virginia. Hope you didn't suffer too much from the sunburn. Yay!!! to the scrapbooking - great pages. Sorting out gardens can be exhausting (I felt like I needed a week to get over staining the fence LOL). Have a super weekend. Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. My! your lad is looking very grown-up these days. It is quite a land-mark time for him isn't it?
    I am glad you have had some sunshine. The sun in UK seems to burn more than it does out here which is odd. I rarely use sun-cream and though I always sit in the shade, I walk around in the sun and I don't get burned. But if I hit a good day on a visit to UK, I always go pink!
    Well done on the scrapbook layouts. I am more behind than you. I am still doing our Ireland holiday in 2012 and haven't started the three months in Thailand before we came out here!!
    A glass of wine on the decking after a day's gardening sounds good. It may seem to be taking a long time, but I am sure it will be worth it when it is done.
    Love Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  3. My! Your lad is looking very grown-up these days. It is quite a land-mark time for him isn't it?
    I am glad you have had some sunshine. The sun in UK seems to burn more than ours out here does, which seems a bit odd. I rarely use sun cream, and although I always sit in the shade, I walk around outside all the time, and I don't get burned. But if I happen to hit on a sunny day on a visit to UK, I nearly always go pink.
    Well done on the scrapbook layouts. You are not as far behind as I am. I am still working on our holiday in Ireland in 2012, and I haven't started on the three months we spent in Thailand before we came out here.
    A glass of wine on the decking after a day's gardening sounds good to me. It may seem to be taking a long time to do, but it will be worth it when it is all done.
    Love Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely week :) . I spent most of mine doggy sitting *so now I am broody for a new pooch lol* Glad to see junior looking so relaxed, great job mum XXX

    ReplyDelete