Friday, 24 February 2017

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 8TH OF 2017

Morning lovely people - tis Friday which means 


First up - a trip to Center Parcs at the beginning of the half term week - this is the new style supermarket sign that greets you when you get in there!   I love all the wood


As said 16 year old didn't finish until late on Friday, we drove down and got straight into the villa - we were greeted with this little chap outside the window on the first evening


It was a birthday treat for my Mum and because we had room my sister and niece also managed to come down for the weekend.  We decided to divide up the meals for the weekend - however, we forgot to converse on the milk front - so 16 pints for the weekend! 


We didn't do anything major, we managed a few games of badminton and a couple of games of table tennis as well as swimming! 


Even my Mum managed a game!


I really needed the open spaces and the fresh air if I'm honest and Center Parcs had it in bucket loads, we also managed a dry weekend weather wise! 


I always love the lakeside walk with hubby 


Said niece asked my Mum to put her hair in plaits - she was unaware of how curly it would turn it and wasn't happy with the results, but I thought she looked amazing! 


She also looked beautiful on Saturday night when we went out


We did manage a couple of beautiful sky shots on Friday when the sun was peeping through the clouds


And it gave us this stunning sunset


It was fab to see the hedgehog house again, but there is a lot of building work occurring at the moment and it is hard to see how this won't affect the nature in the surroundings. 


We had a fabulous weekend and arrived home on Monday utterly shattered but very happy, I was even more giddy when my fitbit stats arrived to confirm that I'd been a very active person over the week - thank you Center Parcs


However hubbies stats put mine to shame! 


We also arrived home to find that spring had sprung in the front garden, I can't tell you how happy this made me. 


The rest of the week has been a bit odd, we've spent a lot of time at home, hubby at work and we've had the delightful storm Doris to deal with.  We almost ventured out on Thursday but it was far too windy, so me and said 16 year old watched 8 Mile, a film he hasn't seen before, a hard watch, but he enjoyed it.

Friday will see us all back to work and school despite the half term; revision for said 16 year old and I should be having a staff training day, instead, it looks like I'll be working from home as I'm suffering a bit at the moment and not 100% which is a shame as I was seriously looking forward to the away day! 

I hope you've had a fabulous week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together, pop back and link up so we can come and visit! 



5 comments:

  1. Oh I love Center Parks! I little bit of Holland in the UK. In the early days it was even more like Holland. The shopping trolley in the hall, bicycle in the shed and even the light switches and sockets were in theplaces we expected them to be! By the looks of it, you went to Nottingham forest. We are familiar with that one too. How fantastic that you did so many steps! I struggle to get tomy 10.000 steps on days that I don't go out. My Fitbit doesn't measure floors. A shame really as we have so many stairs in our house!
    I love the crocusses! A sure sign of spring!
    Have a good week,
    Keep smiling,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thing about going away for a few days is it does so recharge those batteries, especially when spent in the countryside. Hope your feeling better soon XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos, looks like you had a wonderful time.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely way to spend the weekend. I hope the fresh air and exercise lifted your spirits. You certainly did well with your fitness stats. I love the lake side photo and the sunset. Just stunning. I also love the crocus in your garden. Isn't it amazing how they survive each year despite what the weather throws at them. It is a shame you missed your away day. I hope you are feeling much better soon. Love Kate x

    ReplyDelete