Friday, 22 April 2016

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 17TH OF 2016

Good Morning tis 


time once more, time to take a step back and look at the silver linings and positives in the week. 

I'm going to start off with the first one, which is that my Mum's scan shows an issue that needs resolving, but it isn't what we thought it might be.  We have all been quite apprehensive this week whittling about it, but thankfully it is something that can be sorted.  Thank you all for your kind words and prayers, they are very much appreciated! 

So next on the happy list - Saturday doing some crafting, hubby was silk painting, said 15 year old was fabric painting with inktense pencils and I was acrylic painting.  We had a film on in the background and were sat chatting, twas fab! 


Here is a glimpse of what I was painting, I've done further work on them since this photo.  


Sunday found us over the other side of Sheffield dropping said 15 year old off for a team building afternoon, so we decided to head to Chatsworth to blow the cobwebs off as it were.  It was cool but a lovely day nonetheless!  The gardens were full of gorgeous daffodils


And we were pleased to see this tile covered sculpture specifically designed for Chatsworth still in situ, it looked brilliant surrounded by all the daffodils.

We walked the trough path - backwards for a change and were delighted to see these bright yellow flowers, not that we know what they are! 


We had a great view out of the grotto over the pond and managed to dodge the smallest of rain showers. 

I really enjoyed the blue skies


And we got to admire the David Nash sculpture that has ended up at Chatsworth as part of the revitalisation of the trout stream, in effect they brought the Chatsworth entry to the Chelsea flower show, back to Chatsworth and have planted the trout pond area out with the items! 


Look and sunshine - can you tell how pleased I was to be enjoying the weather!


Selfie with hubby


The amazing pink hyacinth's next to the maze smelt fantastic (I was going to say amazing - but I thought I could hear you groan).


And the small elephant sculpture looked great in the sunshine.


For once this sculpture was actually working, although said 15 year old growled when I told him as he has yet to see it working!  It fills with water and the petals close and once full it pumps the bottom out of the base and once light enough the petals open and the sphere inside pops up! 


And how sad does this lion look?  We found him in the cottage garden. 


I loved the moving obelisk in the cottage garden, particularly the part that reflected the sky! 


Whilst we were there we headed into the shop to try and find an anniversary gift for one another, unfortunately Chatsworth is once again under a mass of scaffolding on the back of the building, which apparently will be there until the end of next year, included in this scaffold is the orangery shop, so there were limited supplies.  So we headed up to the Stables shops which have been revamped and are looking lovely and found these.  Apparently whilst there is no traditional gift for an 18th wedding anniversary, it has become the norm to associate porcelain with the anniversary - so we thought - why not! 


We enjoyed our wedding anniversary despite both being at work.  We had a bar meal out that evening (no photos unfortunately).

We've enjoyed our morning walk and managed a few lovely sunrises too, although the longer days mean that won't continue much longer.

We managed to get the grass cup (although we won't mention the broken mower)

I had a busy day on Wednesday at work (although we won't mention the broken car). 

And I've even managed 3 layouts this week, which I know by my normal standards is tiny but to be honest my mojo has been on holiday for quite some time now.  I'm hoping it is back for good - but we shall see. 

I hope you've had an amazing week, if you fancy joining in pop a post together, pop back, link up and we shall come and visit. 

7 comments:

  1. Happy Anniversary - love the mugs! as always you find something different to show us from Chatsworth.. I really need to gate crash a visit! So pleased to hear that your Mum's health scare can be resolved. Enjoy the week - no broken mowers or cars again please! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's wonderful how the things that normally tip our week over the edge just dissipate under a blue sky :D XXX
    *I think the flowers are some type of Lords and Ladies *

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to hear the good news about your mum.... that must be such a huge relief. Hope she is soon recovered.

    I loved reading all your positive things.....and sharing all your photographs - we share a love of blue skies!

    I can almost smell the (amazing!) hyacinths from here

    Your mojo will return... sounds like you have been too busy for making layouts ;) you did spend some lovely time together making art....

    Hope you have a great weekend

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely gorgeous photo of you and dh. Love the Chatsworth sculptures... I have some photos of those. My lads loced the one that opens and closes. I have had an immensely surreal week and can honestly say my world rocks. Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. The best part of my first job was walking through the Embankment Gardens each morning through loads of hyacinths on my way to my office (next to the Savoy Hotel) - your photo brought back memories.
    Lovely to see you all crafting together.
    So glad to hear about your mum.
    Have a great weekend.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. That certainly is good news on the health front for your mum. I'm so glad.
    And it was lovely seeing you all painting as a family. That is so good.
    I enjoyed seeing the photos of Chjatsworth Gardens. Especially the sculptures. That opening flower is really quite spectacular.
    Happy anniversary to both of you! I love the mugs. Very fitting.
    Thanks for visiting,
    Have a good week (hope the car gets sorted soon),
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so pleased your Mum's scan results were not as bad as you had anticipated. I hope they deal with her problem swiftly. How lovely that you are all creative and can spend time together all doing what you enjoy.
    Chatsworth looks beautiful I love the daffodils and I can just imaging the scent of all those hyacinths. The little yellow flowers I am sure are wild arum lilies. They are more often white but I have seen yellow ones. In the Autumn they will be long spikes of (poisonous) orangey-red berries. As a child, growing up in the country, we used to call them Lords and Ladies.
    I would love to see some of those big sculptures in real life. The fountain is impressive. Have a happy week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete