Friday, 15 April 2016

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 16TH OF 2016

Good Morning, we find ourselves at Friday once more, which means it is time for 


So what have the last 7 days positive moments and silver linings had in store for me.  Well some of you may have seen a previous post from said 15 year old and some sketching and painting he'd been doing, so you may think - why am I showing this again? 

Well this is another take on it that he did whilst he was on his Easter holiday break. 


Do you get it yet?  The sheer size of this - see photo below for what I actually mean! 


Yes he found a giant canvas lurking in the pool room and set too on a giant version of the painting, it is looking amazing - I will share a picture once it is completed! 


Next up meal out with hubby and said 15 year old, I was maxed out from a busy day at work, we had an awesome weekend lined up and the last thing I wanted to do was cook and hubby felt the same, so we called the local pub, booked a table and headed over - beautiful meal (as always - George and Dragon in Wentworth for anyone local) and these beautiful spring flowers on the table, with the heady hyacinth scent - amazing! 


Next up first photo of said 15 year old and my Mum when we got to Center Parcs, she really isn't very well at the moment and has an appointment next week at the hospital, but managed great over the weekend and we had some really lovely Mum and daughter time together!


Yes that's right we headed down to Sherwood Forest Center Parcs for a long weekend break as said 15 year old wasn't due back to school until Tuesday.  

We had some great walks and found some fabulous additions to the park!


We got to see some lovely sunsets (not so many sunrises as it was far too comfy being in bed).


Seeing a few fun items as well - this was outside the nature centre


We enjoyed exploring, finding some new sculptures. 


Just being next to an expanse of water makes a big difference. 


And said 15 year old enjoyed cycling - yes that is him in the distance, by the time I got my phone ready - he was gone! 


We enjoyed badminton


And got to enjoy the trees coming into leaf now. 


Like I said great new sculptures around the park. 


I always love the treats shop as the centre display reminds me of something from Willy Wonka


And my Mum curled my hair on Saturday night before we went out for a meal


We had a lovely meal out and the lovely waitress got this photo of us all.


We also had a game of table tennis which was hysterically funny as always and a game of squash, although I forgot to take pictures of that! 


Said 15 year old and hubby even managed half an hour out on canoes on the lake which they really enjoyed and it was such a lovely day! 





And I did some artwork, albeit temporary artwork on the blackboard, I found the statement on pinterest and well I liked it! 


And we had a couple of fires


Sunshine means shadows on our epic walk (and 25,000 step day) 


And we got to enjoy the squirrels in the park, this one seemed quite partial to doritos.


Back home the weekend was over and we were back to our 6am walk - this is one of the sunrises we got to see.


I've had a busy and productive week at work (or should I say works - due to multiple jobs) busy busy but good nonetheless, however I am very glad we are at Friday, just today's work to sort and then the weekend - yay!!!!!!!

Hope you've had a good week, if you fancy joining in pop back and link up so we can come and visit. 


9 comments:

  1. Hope your Mum is ok soon, but how fab to get away for such a great weekend. Love the photos. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great to see photos of Centre Parcs. I have many sweet memories from over the years. We started going when I was a child (it is originally Dutch) and thencontinued to go in the UK. It's great for family holidays.
    I do hope your mum is OK and whatever is wrong with her will get sorted soon.
    I like your hair like that! Lovely.
    Your son's painting is awesome! Looking forward to seeing the finished product.
    (This time I haven't forgottone to link up)
    Have a good weekend,
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous photos and how lovely to spend time with your Mum. The squirrels are a wonderful part of Centre Parcs - we had them playing on our patio when we went to the one in Norfolk many years ago.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely week you've had. Those sculptures are wonderful, and what a huge piece of art said 15 year old will have when he's finished.
    Sending good thoughts your Mums way.
    Have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Greetings, It looks like you had a fabulous week enjoying time with your family. I love your hairstyle; it's beautiful! My best to you, Pat xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Now we know why you were AWOL last weekend. What a lovely time you had. You managed to pack so much into a short space of time. I love all those sculptures, and the trees, squirrels etc. You hair looked lovely when your mum had curled it. I am glad you had a good night out afterwards. That is a big project your young man has undertaken. I look forward to seeing the finished piece. I hope mum's hospital appointment is helpful, and they can get her sorted out. Love and prayers. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  7. What fabulous weekend you had....and that canvas by said 15 year old is going to be awesome when it is complete! XXX

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow!!!! What a fabulous post.... I gasped at the 25,000 steps!!!!!

    Hope your mum is feeling better soon.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete