Friday, 4 December 2015

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 49TH OF 2015

Good morning, well we are now into December and on the home straight when it comes to Rocking posts for 2015! 


Last Friday I met up with a friend and we had a coffee, we were actually talking business not pleasure as it were, but I was delighted to discover that McD's had done a Christmas cup! 



We went to our local heritage Centre on the Friday evening, unfortunately it was a really wet evening, but we enjoyed it nonetheless.  Initially I thought this was their 'Christmas Tree' 


However when the lights were switched on we discovered it was actually this and you can see from the expressions that they weren't quite as impressed by all these festivities as they should have been! 


Saturday morning me and hubby were naughty and shared some pancakes (said 15 year old declined the offer - go figure).


On Saturday they set too decorating the house, starting with the stairs,  needless to say they were still misbehaving! 


By the time we had done on Saturday though, I had a lovely view from the sofa of the space saving tree. 


A close up on the stairs, will find them 'Alice' themed. 


But my favourite tree in the house this year by far is said 15 year olds!  Colour co-ordinated orange, teal and lime green baubles - means it looks beautiful! 


Close up with a few few fun filters, script and border. 


First Christmas card at work 



And hubby bought me some roses midweek when I was having a bit of a tough time of it, I've since cut them down and they fit much better now! 


Starting my Journal Your Christmas, I wish it was this pretty in person but I've put a snowdrop overlay on the photo when playing with my photo app! 


Unfortunately the early start to the journal didn't quite pan out last night but I shall hopefully resolve over the weekend. 

I hope you've had a beautiful and blessed week, if you fancy joining in, pop back link up and leave a comment and I shall come and visit, it is such a blessing to be able to share the positive moments from other people's lives! 

Have a great week 


6 comments:

  1. Lovely decorations Virginia. I need to make a start on my home ones - work is all done and it is amazing how suddenly the office looks so much more cheery.
    Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've enjoyed looking at your pictures and reading about your week. Sorry not to join in this week time's been short and it's really not been a good week. Have a lovely weekend. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a colorful post. Christmas trees and baubles! Lovely.
    I haven't had pancakes for ages! You've given me an idea! Might do that tomorrow morning for breakfast.....
    You have a husband who buys you roses! What a great hubby! Bless his cotton socks!
    Tell your 15 yr old that I love his tree. White and lime, what a good combination. So you have more than one tree. We haven't put one up as we are going away on the 21st, and we live on a building site. Next year we will be living in the new part of the house and we will put up a nice big tree)
    You are very brave to start 'Journal your Christmas'. It's such a hectic month! I must say the first page is fab. (Start as you mean to go on, as they say)
    Have a good week, and I hope you will get more journal pages done.
    Lisca

    ReplyDelete
  4. "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas...!"

    Have a lovely weekend, Virginia.

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the way your lad enjoys doing things with you and his dad. The decorated stairs are great, and he has his own tree too. I am impressed. My boys used to too, and they still put one up at the beginning of December, in their respective homes. I am hoping to find time to at least get my tree up tomorrow. Have a good week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Christmas decorations look lovely and it's nice to see hubby and son spending some quality time putting them up together. I love that said 15 year old has his own tree. I'm sure one day the will happen in our home too!
    Roses out of the blue are a lovely surprise-he's definitely a keeper!
    Have a wonderful week.
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete