Friday, 3 July 2015

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY

Good morning lovely people, tis Friday which means only one thing


Now I will prewarn you it's been one of those photo free weeks if I'm honest but that doesn't mean that we didn't do some fun things!

First happy is hubby and son surviving the dentist, said 14 year old had a baby tooth extracted and faired OK, although it has given him some grief since it's removal and now has a gaping hole, he will be referred to orthodontists but has a 17 month wait to see if they can do anything!  Thank you for all your best wishes when I mentioned this last week!

Saturday afternoon my sister and niece came to visit and we chatted and nattered outside for a few hours before deciding to grab a bite to eat, now we have a pub local to us that serves some really lovely food, (apparently it was frequented by Jamie Oliver when he was in the area).  Whilst the food was great, the service on Saturday was well below their normal standard by a long way.  As the meal progressed I was feeling more and more dissatisfied, which meant that when the bill arrived I told the individual that I was far from happy with the meal and the service.  She had been aware throughout the meal that things weren't great, she even did a 'teenage strop walk' if you know the one I mean you'll understand that I didn't appreciate this, so I asked to see the Manager.  Thankfully he was great as he listened, he also sat on our level so he was already on a winner with us, he indicated some of the problems they'd had which had exacerbated the situation and apologised profusely, accepted it was not up to their normal standard and gave us a decent discount.  So why grateful, well I was grateful that I had the courage to speak out because had I left paying full price I think I would have been reluctant to return and then I'm grateful that the Manager listened and did something about it.

I do have to say that said 14 year old and niece did make me giggle they couldn't cope with the fact I complained and suddenly were very busy on their phones whilst I explained how unhappy I was!

Sunday meant Minions at the cinema, it wasn't as good as we'd hope (in fact we agreed that they are funnier in the other films), there was a touch too much travelling going on in the film, but we did enjoy it nonetheless!  We then hit a certain fast food outlet to grab children's meals so we could get our hands on Minions, I asked for a big selection of Minions if at all possible we were disappointed, but they do make some great noises so I suppose we shouldn't complain too much!

The rest of the week has disappeared in the blink of an eye, I've enjoyed doing the summer of colour challenge this week and created this lovely bunch!



We only have two weeks left so I'll be very sad when it's over (I always am and always promise to carry it on afterwards but never actually manage it).  But I am grateful for Kristin for organising this every year.

Wednesday was the unbearable day sat in an office, fans at the ready moving the hot air around, so the cooler breezier weather on Thursday was absolute bliss!

So that my lovely people is my list of positives for this week, I hope your week has been filled with silver linings and positives!

If you fancy joining in then pop a post together, come back and link up and I shall come and visit.

If you don't have a blog, then you can still join in by thinking about the positives of this week, changing the way you think makes such a big difference to your outlook on life!

6 comments:

  1. So glad to be back Virginia.
    It sounds like you had a lovely week. It's too funny that on Wednesday you were stuck in work and I had a holiday here! I think that all teenagers seem to try and disappear when we do something they think is totally embarrassing to them.
    Have a super week!
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you enjoyed the storm last night too...classic end to the week lol :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can so see my kids doing that too or excusing themselves from the table completely. Love The SOC work. This is the first year I've joined and I love it . Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I had to complain about a meal my mother & I had in a hotel once. The manager crouched down, was very apologetic & took the bottle of red wine off the bill. The head waiter didn't charge us for a bottle of white wine we'd had earlier ! .

    Love love love the crabs

    Awesome thunder storm !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a pretty awesome bunch for summer of color!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your mostly happy crustaceans for SOC, great backgrounds as well! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete