Friday, 24 July 2015

ROCKING YOUR WORLD FRIDAY - 30TH OF 2015

Yes we have officially reached the 30th Friday of 2015, the year has fair raced along at a good old pace up to now.  But it's time to reflect on the week, take a step back and find those silver linings


First up, it was my niece's 16th birthday and we spent the day at Mablethorpe, hiring a beach hut and enjoying good company, a close friend of hers came along as well and it was lovely to spent time with everyone! 

Here she is fighting with balloons


We even ventured into the sea, well the kids did, I just stood squealing as I don't like sand - no really I don't, can't even touch sandpaper!


Would have been a perfect picture if it hadn't been photobombed by the bloke - hey ho! 


A bit of cloud watching - found a mouse! 


Fish and chips for lunch, deck chairs, beach huts, seaside!


An obligatory water fight


A ride in a peddle boat


And some crazy golf, although I was reliable informed that it should have had windmills


And finally a go on the dodgems 


It was fab to see them enjoying it so much! 


There was even a cake, courtesy of my Mum!


Other positives, are hubby sorting tea out when I get home late, some lovely meals made from scratch.

Said 14 year old embracing the holiday checklist and getting on with the tasks in hand.  Most impressed with him.

Then thursday having a day off and spending time with him, he missed his last art textile lesson before he broke up from school due to illness.  So he brought home his art doll to complete at home and here he is making a start on the same, he spent all afternoon, pinning, stitching and filling the same


Until it was completed, combining loads of different techniques


And this is the back - I love the hair 


It has woven mocasin type boots


Fabric painted arms


Batik printed body


Needle felted eyes and lips


Additional couching on the face


We spent a lovely afternoon together, chatting and creating and he is really pleased to have finished it and with the finished item itself!

I've also enjoyed myself this week, making mini books using the Minnie Mouse Do-crafts papers that I picked up, a friend at work asked if I could make a book for her which is a gift for a relative and when she mentioned she loves Minnie Mouse it was what can only be called a win win for me, because up until then I hadn't had an excuse to buy any of the range, I really enjoyed creating with these bright and vibrant papers!


And that my lovely people is the week in a snap shop, I hope you've had a great week, with lots of silver linings, if you fancy joining in then pop a post together, pop back, link up and we shall come and visit!

6 comments:

  1. I've been back to work after last week off so.... love said 14 year old's Art Doll - very impressive; especially the hair!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tell said 14year old that I think his art doll is absolutely fantastic!!!! Seriously...totally eyecatchig and has loads of personality. Glad you have had such a lovely week :D XXX

    ReplyDelete
  3. The art doll is fantastic. Congratulations to him. The day at the beach looks like lots of fun. I can´t believe you don´t like sand!! You obviously chose the right day to go there too, with plenty of sunshine. The Minnie mouse book is cute. I love the bright red paper. Sorry my post is so long this week. I took so many photos and I wanted to show them before it all becomes history. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The art doll is fantastic. Congratulations to him. The day at the beach looks like lots of fun. I can´t believe you don´t like sand!! You obviously chose the right day to go there too, with plenty of sunshine. The Minnie mouse book is cute. I love the bright red paper. Sorry my post is so long this week. I took so many photos and I wanted to show them before it all becomes history. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab beach day you had! The sunshine looks lovely. I love the art doll, the first thing I thought of when I saw the hair was Bob Marley!
    Have a great week!
    Hugs,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  6. Brilliant day at the seaside. Star of the show has to be the art doll though - what a triumph! He's done an amazing job!

    ReplyDelete